Tuesday 3 September 2013

Hello!
Saturday was excellent because we bought new matching cycling gear, helmets, cycling shorts, cycling shirts, cycling gloves, speedos, water bottles and some handle grips for my dad.
Then on Sunday I did the longest ride ever! It was 31kms long, up past Mr Crouch's house, all the way to Bira circuit then down to the lake on the other road, round the other half of the lake, past the dump and then home, it took me an hour, 46 minutes and 55 seconds, and I had an average speed of 17.04kmph. When we got back home I fell proud of myself, tired and hungry so we went out for Sushi and my dad bought me a phone so that I can map my rides and update my blog.
Some people have asked ''Why have you decided to do this ride?''
My answer to this question is: Last year I completed the Global Citizenship Catalyst Award and even won the Brittany Tang award for Outstanding Global Citizenship at my school. I donated the $300 bursary to the Deaf School. This year I have decided to complete the Athletic Global Citizenship Award. In order to do this I need to be innovative and proactive to reach the 16 initiatives that I need to complete through sport. I have never done anything like this before, the furthest I have ridden is 8kms (to school and back) so it will challenge me, give me a sense of adventure and would improve my personal confidence.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Poppy, well done in undertaking this exciting challenge. I look forward to reading your blog to see how you get on.
    Good Luck!!!
    David Williams ("Who's he?"....ask your mum and dad!)

    ReplyDelete