Saturday 28 September 2013

Training, training, training!

Today was a big training day!!
First we did a new 31.5km route with Rich Reardon and Sam Nicholls. Almost the whole team. Mr Madden was a bit unwell after a tiring week. Then I went for
 some training about dogs. And later in the afternoon, my dad and I went for a second ride, another 31km! Our usual route but backwards, so it was hard! This is the first time that we have done 2 rides in one day. 62.5km in total. It was tiring but now I feel normal but my dad said he was saddle sore. There was no chicken today, so we had beef. It was in a wierd sauce so I think I prefer chicken. I'm proud that I did 2 long rides but I'm nervous that I will have to do it everyday for 6 days because I won't have any rest days and I will have to do 75km for 6 says in a row!

Terry Wilcox, Manager of Pattaya City Footbal Club, gave me some dog training today and was teaching me how to know what dogs are thinking.
He told me that a dog thinks of 4 'f's = Friend, freeze, flight or fight? So when a dog sees another animal, it wants to make friends first of all and tries to find out if you are a friend.
 Then we saw bingo 'freezing' when she was interested in the dog biscuits...
and I had a go at feeding her too.

 
Then we took his dogs for a walk and then went to see a pack of other dogs that live down past the corner of his house. 
 They all started to bark and I was a little bit frightened but then Terry reminded me that they were just being alarms snd saying 'roof, roof, help, there are others here, help, roof, roof ' and that I didn't need to be scared of them.
 When we got back to his house he showed us all of the holes that Bingo digs, their doggy pool and all the coconuts that Bingo steals every morning.
It makes me feel more understanding of dogs, less affraid and more confident around them. We had lots of fun rubbing Bingo's belly and playing with her before it was time for us to go home and we hope to go back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment