Sunday 1 September 2013

Hi everyone.

My name is Poppy Mulford, I am 12 years old and live in Banglamung, Thailand. I am a student at the Regent's School, Pattaya and I will be cycling from Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Thailand, to Angkor Wat the ancient capital of Cambodia - 418 kilometres over 6 days (hopefully!).

I am doing this cycle ride with my dad, Nathaniel Mulford,
and some other teachers from my school who would like to join in. The purpose of this ride is to raise money for a seven year old Thai girl who has hearing disabilities. We became friends during my school's activity week in January 2013 - Round Square Week. I had opted for the activity called Community Sports. My seven year old friend came to visit us with her school, to join in with our sport games. We played 'seaweed' in the gym and then we went swimming which was a lot of fun.

I have to go and do some homework now so I'll tell you more later.

6 comments:

  1. Very impressed Poppy! A wonderful idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you what a great introduction. Good luck to everyone !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Poppy. You are doing a great thing for someone else. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Poppy, you may remember me, Ms Fox who used to work with your mum and dad at the Regents, the first time they worked there. Are you in Grade 6 now?
    Anyway I would like to sponsor you for your ride when you undertake it. I am happy to give you 50 USD to help the girl with hearing disabilities.
    Please keep me informed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great girl you are Poppy and an inspiration to other young people to do something amazing with their talents for others. I will be following your progress and wish you lots of luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful thing you are doing for your friend,Poppy! I'm very proud of you xxx I know you can make it. Go Go Poppy!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete