Saturday 19 October 2013

Day 1

The Challenge has begun!
Today we started the challenge and
we rode 80 km in about 4 hours riding only and 5 & 1/2 hours including rests. When I started the ride I felt nervous but then I started to feel like I was still just training, I now feel normal. I saw a really big monitor lizard down in one of the ditches we past. The weather was terrible, rain, puddles which made my new white shirt all black and made all of us cold. We almost got
killed by a HGV that did a jack-knife but luckily it wasn't a major one so we survived. Mr Fairlie found us just as we were coming out of Ayutthaya.We didn't have a very long lunch break but we managed to have some sausages, crisps and a drink and then we stopped at a market on the side of the road, got some cucumber and chiken and



waited for Mr Fairlie to catch up with us because he got a flat tire. I can't believe I did 80km in one day! It's so amazing! I'm looking forward to tomorows cycle ride which is meant to be 65 km but will probably turn out to be 80 km again!


No comments:

Post a Comment