Sunday 6 October 2013

Wettest ride!

Wow! Today was the wettest day ever! We did 46km so in total we have done 100km this weekend which is alot!
We have decided not to take trucks with us, so we got some paniers for dad's bike. He will carry our stuff. We also got wing mirrors and I got a little cross bar bag for my phone and stuff.

It was a good test with the paniers today. Dad loaded them up with towels. When we set off it was hardly raining but then it started to chuck it down especially when we went across the dam, it was really windy too and the bad things were that we were heading into the wind which meant the rain was facing our way and we got completely soaked. At first it wasn't fun because I got really cold but then I started to ride through all of the puddles and got even wetter because I was getting wet anyway so I didn't see a point in trying to avoid the puddles anymore. 

When we stopped at Khun Jon's for lunch with my mum and my two sisters we had rice, pork satay, moo tod, fried kashew nuts with salt and we had watermelon shakes for the beverages. That's where I really got cold.

We soon warmed up when we started again. We stopped at Bira circuit for a biscuit and a rest from the rain and saw some girls dancing whilst they were presenting the winners of the race. Then we watched the motorcyclists taking super bike driving lessons.
 We saw some brand new cars and I stood next to an Audi TT and my dad took a picture.
 We couldn't go the way we normally go because the road was still blocked by the big hole in the road so instead we went the way we usually come back home on.
 The paniers did very well under all that rain. Only some of the stuff in the very back pockets got wet. Everything else was dry so we'll need to make sure it is all in plastic bags too.
Phew! I'm tired now.


No comments:

Post a Comment