Wednesday 23 October 2013

Day 5

It was a big day today.
108 km!

The challenge is now over and done with, so no more cycling and no more numb bum cheeks!  Owch!  Except we will visit the temples on our bikes.

 It was much easier than I thought it would be today. The heat wasn't so bad, but I think it helped that we had an hour stop for lunch when it was as hot as it can get. And we had a good plan to get it done stopping every 20 kms.

As we got closer to Siam Reap, we got more excited so the time went faster. We also gave out pencils to
children on the way which was fun.

Finally we made it to our hotel just as it started to rain. It felt awesome to finish. I can't believe I've done it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the temples. I was 4 years old the last time, so I can't really remember what they are like. I'll let you know tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant achievement Popstar! Wish I could be at the temples with you. Have you got your teddies ready for a photo shoot of the temples, just like when you were 4? Jazz and Heather say hi and want to know when Saturday is... Ozzie is sleeping on your piano. He keeps breaking in during the night. I think he misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Poppy!! A fabulous achievement and an inspiration to all children that you really can make a difference to our world! Very proud of you xxxx

    ReplyDelete